Introducing KBL’s DBXe
KBL (Kirloskar Brothers Limited) is a leading company when it comes to fluid management. Its capability spans industries such as water supply, power generation, irrigation, oil and gas, marine and defense etc.
The DBXe is KBL’s highly successful end suction pump mainly used for clean, low-viscosity liquids free from suspended impurities, available with any Kirloskar authorised dealer. The pump has a capacity of up to 550 cubic meters per hour and offers a head of up to 100 meters.
VEMC is the leading Kirloskar dealer in Mumbai, and in this blog, we tell you all you need to know about the DBXe pump.
The DBXe is one of the most outstanding pumps available in the market and has some of the most competitive construction and operational features:
- The delivery size of the DBXe is 32 to 150 mm.
- The working pressure of the pump is 16 kg per square centimeter (MAWP).
- It operates at speeds of 1450 & 2900 rpm and 1760 & 3500 rpm.
- It can operate within a temperature range of -10 to 90 degrees C.
- The pump casing is made of cast iron. It has centerline delivery with a self-venting design, providing smooth hydraulic passage, and ensuring utmost efficiency.
- The enclosed impellers are statically as well as dynamically balanced.
- Anti-friction ball bearings support the shaft of the pump. Its critical speed is much above the operating speed. The shaft is machined and ground to maintain its concentricity and is protected from the liquid using an ‘O’ ring and a shaft sleeve.
- The stuffing box is sealed using gland packing or mechanical seal.
- The bearings are pre-lubricated and grease sealed.
- The pump has a dry shaft design and rotates in the clockwise direction when viewed from the driving end.
- The DBXe has a flexible jaw-type spacer coupling.
- The pump can be driven using both an electric motor and an engine.
- Due to its back pull-out type design and interchangeability of components, repair and maintenance are easy and low cost.
Applications and Industries
As mentioned above, the DBXe is used to process clean low-viscosity liquids (up to 20 cSt). The temperature range of the pumped liquid could be -10 to 120 degrees C. Some of the most common applications of the DBXe are:
- Water supply
- Swimming pool water
- Industrial water
- Air conditioning
- Cooling water
- Clear juice
- Drinking water
An eco-friendly pump
KBL always puts a huge premium on designing environment-friendly equipment and the DBXe is no exception. With its centerline delivery and self-venting design, the pump is one of the most energy-efficient systems out there. The robust cast iron construction and anti-friction ball bearings mean utmost durability and reliability which precludes frequent repair and replacement of the pump.
VEMC is an authorized Kirloskar submersible pump dealer based out of Mumbai. To learn more about the KBL DBXe pumps and find out whether they suit your needs, get in touch with our team of experts at 022 43436655 or email us at email@example.com.