How ELGI air compressor works?
An air compressor is a device designed to pump compressed air. It is used to ensure the circulation of cooling refrigerant in a closed circuit, and the pumping of pressure into various containers. This equipment is widely used in medicine, industry, and household. Its presence allows you to perform a wide range of actions.
The principle of operation of the ELGI air compressor can be described as follows.
- When the engine starts, the crankshaft begins to rotate, transmitting reciprocating movements through the connecting rod to the piston.
- The piston, moving downward, creates a vacuum in the cylinder under the influence of which the inlet valve opens. Due to the difference in air pressure, it begins to be sucked into the cylinder. But before it enters the compression chamber, air passes through the filter.
- Further, the piston starts to move up. In this case, both valves are in a closed state. At the time of compression, pressure begins to increase in the cylinder, and when it reaches a certain level, the exhaust valve opens.
- After opening the exhaust valve, compressed air is directed to the receiver.
- When a certain pressure has entered in the receiver, a pressure switch is activated, and air compression is suspended.
- When the pressure in the receiver decreases to the set values, the pressure switch starts the engine again.
How to choose an industrial air compressor?
To select the right compressor, first of all, you need to determine how often it will be used, depending on your needs for compressed air.
You are also required to determine if you need a portable compressor or whether it will be used indoors. In this case, it is necessary to ensure good ventilation of the compressor to make sure that it has optimal cooling.
Also, consider the continuous running time of the compressor. Manufacturers usually indicate the duty cycle on these elements. This duty cycle allows you to determine the duration of the compressor for one hour.
Purpose and principle of operation
What is an air compressor? This is a device designed to compress air and pump them to the required place. How does it work? The principle of operation of the ELGI compressor is quite simple; atmospheric air enters the mechanism that performs its compression. For this, different methods can be used. The mechanism that compresses the air determines the device and the principles of operation of the compressor. For the effective operation of the equipment, it must be connected to the electric network and the air network, through which compressed air will be transmitted.
Common problems of air compressor
Usually, the unit may overheat when operating in intensive mode or at an increased ambient temperature in the room. If the unit still overheats under standard operating conditions and normal room temperatures, then a clogged air filter may be the reason behind the malfunction. It should be removed and washed, then dry it properly.
Knock on the cylinder
It is caused by a breakdown or wear of the piston rings due to carbon deposits. Usually, it appears if you use low-quality oil. Knocking-in the cylinder can also be caused by wear on the connecting rod. These parts should be replaced with new ones. When the cylinder and piston are worn, repair of the air compressor consists of boring the cylinder and replacing the piston.
ELGI air compressors are very essential since they require small maintenance. Apart from that, they are highly reliable and huge. This is the reason why they are good for industrial applications. Ensure that you look for reputable dealers in the same product. You may opt for the ELGI air compressor dealers in Mumbai, who are reliable and have the best products.