Air compressors are used widely across all industries. They serve a variety of purposes in the least possible time. The capacity and capabilities of a screw air compressor depend upon its usage and applications. Screw compressors are usually large due to their capacity to receive the air. The larger the size of the tank of the compressor the greater is its capacity. The engine size of a screw air compressor is larger than a normal compressor to successfully carry out various functions. The power consumption of a reciprocating air compressor is large. It requires a considerable amount of energy to function and serve various purposes.
Following are some of the applications of screw air compressor in the paper and textile industry:
- Spinning: One of the major functions of an Elgi air compressor is spinning. A screw air compressor is used in paper and textile industries for spinning. A screw air compressor also helps in a ring, air-jet spinning as well as open too. A screw air compressor makes it easy to spin the textile and achieve the desired outcome.
- Texturing: In the paper and textile industry, one of the major concerns is the texture of the final product. A screw compressor is used at various stages in a factory to get the perfect texture of the product. In this process, yarn is intermingled with the help of a nozzle and the jet. The pressure generated during this process helps one to achieve the texture required.
- Air-jet weaving: the modern technique of air-jet weaving is popular for its swift results and perfect alignment. A screw air compressor is used to blow a yarn with weft transportation. This is one of the most crucial stages; it requires technical expertise and complete know-how to ensure the yarn is blown optimally while using the right combination of machinery and industrial equipment.
- Pneumatic conveying: A screw air compressor is used for pneumatic transport and allied works. The screw air compressor is extensively used for fabric and PET chips. They ensure flawless performance and provide optimum results in the least possible time.
- Man-made fibre production: A reciprocating air compressor is used for the production of partially oriented yarn (POY) and fully oriented yarn (FOY). The air compressor enables faster production of quality yarns. However, the size of the screw compressor depends upon its application and production capacity too.
- Garmenting process: There are several processes involved in the production of the garment. Some of them include printing, stitching, marking, cutting, laying, and much more. An air compressor can be highly useful in streamlining the process and scheduling the production too. A screw compressor optimizes the process of production. Therefore, it is widely used in the textile industry.
- Dyeing textiles: Screw air compressor helps one to transfer a yarn to spool or cone for dyeing and other purposes. Compressed air is used for dyeing purposes and dyes the fabric/textile with the planned colour.
- Packaging: The screw air compressor is used to wind the yarn and package them as per one’s needs. Packaging plays a very important role whether it is textiles or paper. The wrap beams and air compressors are used together for packaging purposes and wrapping too. Compressed air is also used for sizing the paper and textile products.
- Combing: Combing is the process of removing impurities and short fibres with the help of rollers and brushes. The screw air compressor can make this difficult task much easier and organized. One can get a pure version of output with minimal efforts with the help of the screw compressor.
- Treating wastewater: One of the most important parts of production is managing wastewater and wastage. Whether it is the textile industry or paper, it is imperative to efficiently plan wastewater treatment to get rid of the impurities optimally. The screw air compressor can facilitate wastewater treatment with utmost efficacy.