Finding the right solar installer could be a challenging task as the market is flooded with installers claiming to have the required know-how. There are a number of aspects that must be considered while choosing the right professionals in the field. Here are 6 tips that will guide you in your quest for the right installer:
- Expertise: As the solar industry is rapidly expanding, there is growing demand for competent professionals with the right skills and expertise. In India, many solar installers go through formal training courses offered by reputed institutes like Indian Institute of Solar Energy and Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI). Certificates from these institutes are the best authentication for skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Track record, experience, and references: Projects with previous clients could provide a good understanding of the level of experience an installer has. An installer must be thorough with the systems installed for other clients and be able to confidently discuss and demonstrate the projects. Speaking to their past clients could be a great way to find out how their installation was handled.
- Reputation in the market: Many online forums and sometimes, even the installers’ websites or social media pages can provide valuable insights into their clients’ experiences. A pattern of negative comments and customer complaints would indicate that you need to select another installer.
- Use of subcontractors: While installation by subcontractors is a common practice in the industry, there must be complete disclosure and transparency about their expertise, reputation, and track record. It will be important to fix responsibilities and confirm who stands behind the quality of the system.
- Warranty: What is the warranty being offered on the equipment? To give you a rough estimate, the average warranty offered on solar panels in around 20 years, and that on batteries and inverters is 5-10 years. Warranties shorter than this can indicate that the quality of the equipment is not up to the mark.
- Competitive quotes: Finally, it is always recommended that you contact as many installers as possible and gather quotes, especially in a business-to-business scenario, where competing bids can help save expenses significantly. The contractors can prepare their bids only after visiting your facility to ascertain the various equipment, labour and logistics costs that will go into installing the system.
With the help of these tips, you can confidently stride towards the solar transformation of your facility.
If you need assistance on any solar engineering services, feel free to contact us on +91 98199 07445. We would be happy to assist you in finding the best match based on your requirements. As one of India’s best solar companies, with 72 years of market experience, VEMC provides end-to-end Solar EPC services to its clients. VEMC is ISO 9001:2015 certified and a pioneer in the field of electromechanical engineering products, allied equipment, and services. Our sub-brand VEMCO Solar (Check out our solar story) is a market leader in solar system solutions — be it solar plant erection, procurement, commissioning, solar metering system, or electrical connections. At VEMCO Solar, our valued clients are provided with customized solar services solutions to fit all their needs.