Pumps are one of the most universally used equipment to boost pressure or lift fluid in households, industries and emergency situations. We use a range of different pumps for different types of work such as electric-driven pumps, rotary pumps, multi-stage pumps, etc. As leading Kirloskar Pumps Distributors and experts in pumping, we talk about all the do’s and don’ts of the pumping world that you as a pump owner need to be aware of.
Do’s and Don’ts of Electric Driven Pumps:
• Have all the proper control devices in place before starting the pump.
• Always keep the installation and operation manual for the pump, motor and control panel handy for instructions on proper use.
• Secure all the electrical connections and avoid having loose connections as this could be dangerous for operators.
• Secure all the piping connections properly to avoid leakages in the pumping system enabling it to perform optimally.
• As soon as the water supply begins, make sure the direction of rotation is correct.
• Don’t allow any unsupervised operation of the pump, especially by inexperienced personnel.
• Do not ignore the safety and health precautions as mentioned in the manual provided by the supplier.
• Do not continue to run the pump despite unusual vibrations and sounds.
• Don’t continue to run it if the pump is drawing extraordinary power.
• Don’t make the cable accessible to unauthorised personnel.
For more in-depth details, call reputed Kirloskar pumps distributors like VEMC or get in touch with your nearest Kirloskar pump authorised dealer.
Do’s and Don’ts of Rotary Pumps:
• Keep the suction lift at a minimum to support all the piping as well as hoses as needed.
• Fill the tanks and pumps with water before operating the pump.
• During winter or freezing season, drain the pump of all water to avoid freezing and subsequent damage. Remove maximum water by rotating the pump end while draining.
• Never lift the pump with suction or discharge hoses still attached.
• Don’t run the engine at a faster or slower pace than recommended.
• Don’t stop or start the pump while in a high-speed or engaged state.
Ask your Kirloskar Pump Authorised dealer for more.
Do’s and Don’t of Multi-Stage Pumps
• Allow the pump to cool down before you disconnect the hoses or drain it.
• Try and avoid air traps inside the suction and discharge lines. Design the suction line with a slight slope.
• Follow the maintenance schedule provided in the user manual.
• Don’t carry out any repair or maintenance work while the pump is still hot or running.
• Don’t operate the unit with the discharge lines obstructed or the valve closed.
• Don’t bye-pass or disconnect any gauges or safety switches.
Get in touch with your Kirloskar pump authorised dealer for more.
For more tips on pumping, contact VEMC now. Visit us at www.vemc.co.in, call us at 022 43436655, or email us at email@example.com. VEMC is one of the top Kirloskar pumps distributors and if you need help with, or are looking for Industrial Water Pumps in Mumbai, we are the right people to reach out to.